We’re just 8 weeks away from our big 2021 event and that means yall have homework!
It also means that our office looks like a giant bottle of Pepto Bismol exploded in here, so please forgive some of these late announcements we have for you below.
- We are ordering your personalized bibs on Sept 2 so we need you to confirm all your data in your dashboard by the end of the month. This includes:
- Vegan, vegetarian, gluten free meal options
- Your event t-shirt size (they are the same type of shirt as last year; see size chart)
- Your name (what do you want everyone to call you?)
- Your team name (if applicable)
- Your hometown
- Your newbie or veteran status
- Emergency name and phone number
- Tell us if you are a breast cancer survivor (and what size survivor shirt you’d like; see DIFFERENT size chart here)
- And let us know if you want prizes for your fundraising efforts
- Oh, and don’t forget to get your Choose Your Charity approved if you think you/your team will hit 5k
- Registration closes on August 31 so if you have any slacker friends that have been procrastinating, now is the time to get them signed up
- If you’re a local, please join us at Jarvis Creek Park at 9:30am on Aug 24. Our friends at Collins Group Realty will be presenting us with a big check (we don’t know how much yet) and they want as many of our flock to be there as possible.
- Want to surprise your fellow flockers with a funny message on the course? Check out our NEW FlockStar Tribute Signs and tell us what joke or inspirational message you want your sign to say. Then upload a picture of your buddy or whatever image you want us to include, and we’ll get them professionally printed to place out on Saturday’s course.
- A reminder that we have extremely limited inventory in our Fancy merchandise. We will bring everything we have to the live event, but we strongly suggest you get that cute little Fancy item you love so much now. All orders purchased by Aug 31 will be shipped on September 1!
- Hilton Head Outfitters is offering 10% off all bike rentals. They are located within Palmetto Dunes Resort and they’ll deliver to your home or villa for free! They also have beach wheelchairs and jogging strollers for those that are interested. Use promo code HHIRENTAL when booking online or call 844-207-9310.
- Speaking of bikes, are you interested in joining our first-ever bicycle parade? The fun is at 12:30 on Saturday afternoon at Shelter Cove Park (same place as our finish line party). Sign up to enter you, or your whole team!
- We have designated cheering sections on each of the courses so your friends and family can come out to cheer you on! Friday is at Islander’s Beach Park (metered parking in the lot then walk down to the beach), Saturday is at Aunt Chilada’s on Pope Avenue, and Sunday is at the Coligny Beach pit stop (on the beach).
- Don’t forget to book your custom 60-minute massage while you’re enjoying paradise! Our awesome therapists are back and have rented an accessible house in Palmetto Dunes so they can rub you down any day you want. Make an appointment now before the good spots are gone!
- If you haven’t booked your accommodations yet, you may want to book a room or two at the Marriott Resort in Palmetto Dunes. It is located a few steps down the beach from the Omni so you’ll be able to walk to Sunday’s start/finish line, and also be in the middle of all things PINK that weekend. Discounted rates are available from $190-$270.
- Looking to carpool to/from the airports… and maybe share rides all weekend long? Use our Facebook rideshare group and hook up with fellowFlockStars!
- August 30 is Stevie’s birthday and he would have been 59 years young. Many of you have asked if we’re doing anything special, and I think the best thing we can do is make a donation to his fundraising page! He would so love that (and I’m pretty sure he’s hoping to be this year’s #1 fundraiser)!
- It’s not too late to give Stevie a run for his money- there’s still loads of time to fundraise and score your very own Fancy bobblehead! Heck, do a Facebook fundraiser and you’ll likely have $500 in two weeks! The deadline for prizes is September 30 but we’ll credit your fundraising page all the way thru October 31 so keep that life-saving dough coming!
- We are finalizing our COVID protocols to keep everyone safe. We will fill you in on everything in September but trust us, we are taking this seriously. But don’t worry, we aren’t gonna make you wear a mask while running/walking!