4 parties, 3 finish lines, 4 medals, one cause
It’s Your Finish Line
Ten miles a day, on three breathtaking islands. Do one, two, or all three days. Run it, walk it, push a stroller, stop for drinks and selfies along the way.
Pledge the Pink is not about beating the next guy. It’s about challenging yourself. It’s about your goals, your training, your finish lines.
And saving lives.
Hop aboard our private ferries and take a grand tour of South Carolina’s beautiful lowcountry. You’ll enjoy remote island beauty, world class beaches, lush coastal flora, and second-to-none hospitality. Get ready to gawk.
Scavenger hunts, selfie stations, a dancing shoe, and a few thousand plastic pink flamingos. There’s never a dull moment during Pledge the Pink weekend—so get ready for more than a few surprises.
4 parties in 3 days. We kick things off with our Thursday Packet Pickup Party. And we’ll wrap each race day with a waterfront bash. Expect free food, live entertainment, goofy games, and lots of laughs with your 1500 new best friends.
Victory looks good on you. Turns out, so does bling. You’ll wrap each day with a pretty new piece of bling. Yes, a custom medal each day you cross the finish line. And you’ll win a massive, coveted, 5” medal, when you complete all 30 miles.
This year’s theme: Super Heroes!
Finally, your excuse to wear a cape. This weekend, we’re giving a “kapow” to cancer—and you’ll get a chance to look the part. So channel your inner Wonder Woman, get geared up to fight crime cancer, and pile on the pink. We have prizes every day for the most kickbutt costumes.
The Highlights: September 21-24, 2017
- Sunset Packet Pickup Party at Shelter Cove Waterfront Park
- (Optional) dinner with Shoe, Fancy, and 1500 of your new besties. Carb-loading has never been so fun.
- Get your swag bag and race credentials and then boogie down with our entertainment, games, paparazzi, and stunning sunset over Broad Creek.
- A beautiful, 10-minute ferry ride from Hilton Head to Haig Point on Daufuskie Island, where rum punch will greet you at the dock
- A breathtaking course, including: oceanfront paths, live oak shaded island roads, and a haunted lighthouse. Oh, and hammocks are waiting for you on the beach.
- Waterfront after-party with delicious food, wet-your-pants-games, entertainment, and finish line shenanigans. Drinks will be flowing at the cash bar.
- A true slice of southern hospitality on the secluded Callawassie Island
- Our new course will showcase the beautiful waterfront and secluded wildlife areas where you’ll enjoy bald eagles, woodstorks, and Big Al (the state’s largest alligator)
- An incredible after party with our famously entertaining DJ, great food, and our Guinness World Record Flocks of Love. Cold, post-race beverages are available at the cash bars.
- Our first ever sunrise race day on Hilton Head Island
- Our 10 mile course is strategically planned so you’ll reach our pristine, world-renowned Hilton Head beaches just as the sun appears over the ocean. We cannot wait to see these pictures.
- The afterparty brunch buffet will be filled with music, a 10’ beach ball toss competition, dance contests, flip flop races, and our emotional Survivor Celebration.
Accommodations: Where to stay!
Most of our out of town registrants stay on Hilton Head Island, as it has the most to offer for a long beach weekend (or extended vacation!).
And, it is just a cool place to be!
From a logistics perspective, this year we are encouraging our peeps to stay in the either the Coligny/Forest Beach area or the Shelter Cove/Singleton Beach area. But really, you can be where you need to be in ten minutes, no matter where on the island you stay.
Here’s a little tip for our first-timers: consider renting a beach house or condo if you have at least four people in your group. Believe it or not, it is usually cheaper (and much more enjoyable). Many of our oceanfront mansions sleep 12-20 people and have deluxe amenities such as private pools and free golf. Make some new friends in our Facebook chat club and share an affordable weekend in luxury!
Our Accommodation Sponsor
We have partnered with Vacation Homes of Hilton Head to make this the trip of a lifetime.
They have everything from 3 bedroom condos to 4-7 bedroom single family homes (oceanfront or ocean oriented and yes, even pet friendly!). Their homes include all linens and bath towels and a fully equipped kitchen.
Your booking with VHHI will also get you free golf, putt-putt, and a dolphin cruise everyday of your stay!
And all Pledge The Pink participants will receive 10% OFF for any 3-5 reservation (promo code PTP10) and 15% OFF for any 6-7 night reservation (promo code PTP15). Yall will also receive a 2PM check out on Sunday September 24th so that you can fully enjoy your final 10 mile day!
“It’s not a typical race… the first official sign we saw said “Welcome Walkers” ….walkers… not runners. Walkers are not usually welcomed (and certainly not with a sign) at other running events. It set the tone for the entire weekend!” – Cindy, survivor