BlufftonSaturday, Oct 27
8 am – Race Time
Let the world know that you PLEDGE THE PINK! Tag us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter with these hashtags.
#pledgethepink #blufftonflockstar #flockinthebluff
Need to Know
- We will meet yall at the start line in Bluffton (see parking map below).
- You can decorate your flamingos before and after the race so bring your bird bag and accouterments with you.
- Spartina 449 will be running a trolley from the party to their store on Calhoun Street, so plan on a post-race shopping spree!
Welcome to Bluffton
We will meet at the Oyster Factory Park start line in beautiful downtown Bluffton, just a 15 minute drive from Hilton Head.
Official parking is available at First Zion Baptist Church (located at 10 Robertson Street, just yards from the start line)
Additional parking will be available at Michael C Riley Elementary School (located at 172 Burnt Church Road) and Bluffton Town Hall. Please note, if you park at the school/town hall, you can take one of our shuttle buses running to the start line, or walk four blocks to the park. Shuttles can take you back to your car after the race.
What to expect upon arrival at Oyster Factory Park:
- If you haven’t gotten it already, you can pick up your packet (or bird bags) between 7:00–7:45 AM
- Bag drop will be set up in the park so feel free to bring a dry shirt, flops, and towel for a more comfy after-party
- Our world-record breaking Flocks of Love will be set up in the park and you can meet your birdies and begin the decorating insanity (you can leave glue guns, costumes, and other bird paraphernalia with us while you’re on the course)
- At 7:45 AM we’ll assemble at the start line to stretch and give course announcements, and then we’ll invite survivors to the front of the line to lead the flock at 8:00 AM
Get Ready, Get Set, Get Pink!
- Water, Gatorade, and snacks will be prevalent along the course thanks to the generosity of the Bluffton community, but our official pit stops and portajohns can be found at these locations.
- Our Bluffton Fire Department will have trucks along the course to not only keep you safe, but to hose you down if needed!
- Golf carts packed with crazed fans and bedazzled dogs will be whizzing by and dishing out loads of southern hospitality and heartfelt thanks.
- Take note of the yard decorations, signs, and the decked-out golf carts because yall will be judging the winners back at the finish line!
The Btown After Party
Bluffton folks love three things: the May River, Cahill’s cookin, and River Dog beer. And we’ll be serving up all three at our after-party!
- The yummy lunch is complementary for registrants, and guests can join the deliciousness for just $15.
- Adult beverages from River Dog Brewing Company will be available for purchase (bring your ID). Cash is always preferred, but we’ll take plastic too!
- DJ Alan will keep things rockin’ throughout the day, games will be played, and lives will be saved!
- Throughout the day Spartina 449 will run a trolley to and from their flagship store in Bluffton if your feet need to recover with some retail therapy (psst – there just might be a discount for you FlockStars).
- Claim your birds in the Flocks of Love if you didn’t get a chance before the race, tie on your Love Notes, dress those birds up, and snap some selfies.
- 11:30 AM – we’ll announce the winners of the Flat Friend and Most Spirited-Travelers contest. And then yall will decide who wins the Bluffton Community Awards for best decorated yard, best sign/costume/spirit, and the golf decorating contests!
- 2PM – time to pack up, ice those feet, and take a nap on the beach.