Packet Pickup Party
Starting with your first post of the day, let the world know that you PLEDGE THE PINK! Tag us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter and use these hashtags.
#pledgethepink #partylikeaflockstar #zeroflocksgivencancer
- We will have the ability to take credit cards, but it is a slow process so we ask that you bring cash or a check if possible
- Don’t forget to don your flamingo Derby hat tonight!
- And show your spirit on the way to town by decorating your car and makin a fool of yourself at the airport (we want pictures)!
If you registered as an individual (not on a team) or if your team has less than four people on it, then your packets will be available at the main registration tent on Thursday evening. This will be the Big White Tent, and yes, you can pick up your friends’ packets at this tent, too.
- If you’re not able to collect your packet tonight, a friend can pick it up on your behalf OR you can get it Friday morning at the Fripp start line.
- You can also pick up your packet an hour before race time at Saturday and Sunday’s start lines.
NOTE: Every registrant has a seat on our Friday buses to/from Fripp. If you aren’t taking the bus, please tell us here: https://pledgethepink.com/fripp-buses/
If you plan on riding our buses to Fripp on Friday and you won’t be able to get your packet beforehand, just make sure you have a photo ID when loading the bus so we can confirm that you’re a registrant. Then hop on and your packet will be waiting for you at the Fripp start line!
Your Pledge the Pink swag bag (packet) will include:
- Pledge the Pink 2018 tech hat
- Picture Pack button (if purchased)
- Fundraising and prize receipt (if you made a donation and/or fundraised for us)
- Gifts and swag from us (and our fabulous sponsors)
If you are part of a team with 4 or more registrants, your team packets will be boxed together. Please do not ask us to pull out individual registrant’s packets from these team boxes.
Your team packets will be at the Red & White tent on Thursday evening. Please designate one or two of your team members to pick up the box(es) for your group (you will be required to sign for it) and please make a plan to ensure that everyone gets their packet.
Staying on Fripp Thursday night? Let us know here and your packets will be waiting for you at check in!
Fripp residents can get their packets from Kathy Klutz between 1-5pm on Thursday.
Otherwise, we will have your stuff waiting for you at the start line Friday morning.
If you donated or raised $100 or more before September 30, you’ll get a receipt with your race packet that will show you what prizes you’ve earned.
Take your receipt to the FlockYard and we’ll give you your “bird bag”. Yes, friends and teammates can pick up your bird bag but they will be required to sign your receipt.
Please note that the deadline for fundraising prizes is September 30. We cannot credit additional donations towards prize redemption after this date.
Our online fundraising system is open until Tuesday Oct 23 at 11:59pm (eastern). Please bring any additional donations you might receive to the FlockYard Thursday night. All checks must be made out to Carolina Cups!
We are always amazed at the fat envelopes yall bring filled with cash and checks!
While we can’t award you any new prizes, we will give you additional Flocks of Love flamingos for these new donations.
Note: if you have a fundraising page, we will credit your page after the event. Every donation you make, or that is made in your name, will be “credited” to your Flocks of Love fundraising account (even if you do not have a fundraising page).
The FlockYard will be set up in the Blue & White Tent on Thursday night, and it’ll also be at the finish line/after parties on Friday and Saturday.
In addition to the prizes above, you will also earn a bird in our Flocks of Love display for every $50 you raise/donate.
There will be a receipt with your race packet. Take it to the FlockYard at the Packet Pickup Party on Thursday evening (or at the after parties on Friday and Saturday) and we’ll give you Flocks of Love supplies.
Which include one note card and one Fancy Fascinator (crazy looking accessory) for you to put on each of your birds. So if you raised $785 (thank you, by the way) we will have 15 note cards and flamingo fascinators in your supply bag.
Place a love note and a fascinator on any (bare) flamingo and then find 15 more bare birds and adopt each one by placing a love note and crazy flamingo accessory on it.
Decorate them, take pictures, tell them stories, and let your birdies know that each and everyone of them has provided a free mammogram to someone in need.
You can decorate your birds before or after the race. You can bring whatever clothing, glue guns, and craft supplies you’d like and leave your bird bag at bag drop.
Yes, you can take your birds home with you but we please ask that you wait until 12pm so that all of our registrants can see the breathtaking majesty and outpouring of love that our flock represents.
Fancy to the Moon & Back Virtual Swag
If you signed up for our big virtual event to help us bring Fancy back from the Moon (hint, we still have a long way to go so please click here and help us), your race packet receipt will show that you have bonus bling coming your way.
You’ll take your receipt to the FlockYard at the Packet Pickup Party on Thursday (or anytime over the weekend), and we’ll give you your bonus race medal (yeah, the glow in the dark one) and that awesome car magnet (that’ll make all the other cars jealous).
Yup, friends and teammates can pickup your virtual swag- they’ll just need to sign your receipt.
We will bring any remaining inventory Thursday night. These goodies are gonna go quick so head over to our merchandise tent as soon as you arrive Thursday!
Note that our race medal display is only available for purchase at the event. We are not able to ship them nor can we accept pre-payment and hold them for you.
Remember cash is best, fastest, and doesn’t require us paying extra fees (more money for mammos)!
Tip: give your merchandise wish list to someone that is able to be at the tent at 4pm and they can buy your stuff while we still have inventory available (give them cash or a check made to Pledge the Pink).
Do you have pink ribbon or flamingo items you'd like to donate to us to sell for the cause? Click here
Y’all have been doing some serious shopping these last few months and have scored the most amazing flamingo finds!
Many of you have asked if you can donate some of these groovy items and allow us to sell them for the cause.
Yes, and thank you!
Please bring your generous gifts to us at the Merchandise Tent on Thursday evening, and we will throw it out on the tables for the vultures (er, um, registrants) to grab. Please attach a note to tell us how much you paid for the item so that we can slap an appropriate price sticker on it.
To keep things simple, all items will be priced in $5 increments.
Note that we cannot update your fundraising totals with the money we receive from their sale, but we will certainly give you a big hug and thanks.
Psst – you can use our online auction to sell any items in advance and when people buy them (by making a donation to your fundraising page) then the funds will be applied to your fundraising totals.
We are completely sold out at this time (hooray!) but you can stop by and see Melissa at the Merchandise Tent on Thursday night to see if she can work her magic (bribes might help).
If you purchased the deal of the century, we’ll give you the coveted Pic Pack button with your bib and packet.
You’ll want to wear all weekend long. This notifies our Flocktographers that you are worthy of paparazzi and they will stay glued to you for four days.
If you didn’t sign up for Picture Pack when you registered, you can purchase it Thursday night for $25.
What else is going on at Packet Pickup?
- The Newbie Tent should be every newbies first stop after getting your packet. Here you will be introduced to some of PTP’s most beloved veterans who can answer all your “omg, I don’t understand any of these questions. They will calm you down and pump you up at the same time!
- You’ll find SmartyPant’s Photography’s picture studio here with games and props to make your impromptu photo shoot an absolute hoot! Walk the pink carpet, play Bra Pong, and dance a jig with your new besties. Make sure you’ve got your Picture Pack buttons on so our photogs capture it all!
- Kendra Scott is doing a jewelry pull! Buy a $50 cute little yellow gift box that contains a gorgeous piece of jewelry valued between $50-$195! And all the money goes to us! Keep on shopping, because they’ll also have a trunk show this evening with 20% of all sales going to Pledge the Pink!
- Spartina 449’s new store is literally across the street from our party but they’ll also be on site so you can pick up discounts and goodies before you shop til you drop!
- Our friends at the Omni are manning the Concierge/Info table to answer all questions about HHI, giving you directions, tips, and suggestions to make your weekend fabulous.
- Our sacred Honor Board will be waiting for you to sign at MUSC’s tent so you can hear the crazy exciting cancer breakthroughs that we are helping to fund as you write a message on the board.
- Our friends at the Live Oak Community Church will also be in the park to take any special prayer requests.
On Your Way
We hope everyone will get loco with our Car Decorating contest and let the world know you’re headed to Hilton Head to Pledge the Pink! Gussy up your cars with flamingos, pink signs, and warrior messages. Psst – don’t forget the PTP car flags in our store!!!
How about a shot of you or your team proudly representing Pledge the Pink on the plane? Or ask the flight attendant if you can make an announcement and tell your fellow passengers why you are dressed like Pepto Bismol and acting so loco (check out Kay’s video from last year).
Tag your photos & video with #OnOurWayToPledgeThePink
We’ll announce two lucky winners on Saturday afternoon and lavish you with prizes!