We get it… asking folks to donate money to your fundraiser flat out stinks for a lot of us.
1. PLEDGE YOUR PENNIES
Empty your pockets, clean out your car, check your sofas! Collect loose change in a jar and watch it grow!
2. UPCYCLING & RECYCLING
- Collect & recycle cans and bottles
- Hold a garage sale
- Sell unwanted items on sites like Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, etc.
- Ask neighbors, friends, coworkers, etc. to donate items that you can sell
3. DONATION GIFT MATCHING
Check with your employer to see if they offer to match donations in your name. You can usually start with someone in the HR department, and they can point you in the right direction. Some employers offer a 100% match, so it’s definitely worth asking.5.
4. HOST A FUNDRAISING EVENT
- Raffles: get stores, restaurants, and friends to donate gift cards, luxury items, and experiences to raffle off. Just be sure to check your state’s gaming laws first to be on the safe side
- Sell items that you make and donate some or all of the proceeds to PTP. This can be done in person at fundraising events, gatherings, parties, or online via Etsy, eBay, Facebook, etc.
- Hold creative events such as paint night, ceramic painting, etc.
- Ceramic Painting: Color Me Mine, Pinot’s Palette, Painting with A Twist, Paint Nite
- Designing and decorating planters: Plant Nite
- Painting decorative wood signs: Board & Brush
- Dining Out For A Cure: partner with local restaurants to host a fundraising night. Tell them about PTP and that they are giving back to the community by donating a portion of their proceeds. Ask them to create a flyer and help you promote the event. Invite your family, friends, coworkers, and promote on social media. The more people that attend, the more money you can raise.
- Host an online party for companies like 31, Pampered Chef, or Color Street nails: partner with a friend who sells items as a MLM representative. Have them create a party on Facebook with a portion of the proceeds going to your fundraising page, and invite all your friends to come. Post previews of what they can buy beforehand.
- Church Fundraiser Events: partner with multiple MLM friends, but do it in person at the same time.
- Grocery Store Fundraisers: set up a table outside a store to request donations (with manager permission).