Have you ever seen a flock of 3000+ plastic flamingos?
It is really a sight to behold… and you’re about to!
What is it?
This iconic and poignant display of pink flamingos is both breathtaking and lifesaving, and will be on full display during our big weekend together. Each bird represents $200 raised in the fight against breast cancer. For those of you that make a donation or fundraise on our behalf, there will be one pink flamingo in our flock for every $200 you raised.
How it all works
- Every donation you make, or that is made in your name prior to the event will be “credited” to your fundraising account
- You can also make additional donations at our Thursday Packet Pickup Party or anytime during event weekend (yes, you can bring cash/checks from your friends back home and we will apply them to your fundraising account!)
- Decorate your bird(s) however you’d like. Bring doll-sized clothing, make a funny costume, apply makeup… do whatever you want! There will be a contest for best decorated flamingo so go for gold!
- Saturday’s finish line is at the Flocks of Love so we’d like them all to be decorated before then!
- Yes, you can take your flamingo(s) home with you or you can leave them with us to reuse for next year’s fundraising campaign (which will save us some money)
If you would like to receive the fundraising prize packages, please make sure you check the YES box in your dashboard. If you would rather NOT get the incentive prizes, please make sure you check the NO button.
The deadline for fundraising prize totals is October 1. This means we must have the donations in our hands by October 1; no exceptions (sorry, prizes postmarked by October 1 but not received by Pledge the Pink will not be eligible towards fundraising prize totals).
If you checked yes and you qualify for prizes, your prize bags will be waiting for you at Packet Pickup.
Please note that we will only give them to you- not friends or team members. Only you. 🙂
- The deadline for fundraising prize totals is October 1. This means we must have the donations in our hands by October 1; no exceptions (sorry, prizes postmarked by October 1 but not received by Pledge the Pink will not be eligible towards fundraising prize totals).
- If you choose to augment your fundraising with a Facebook fundraising drive, we must have “proof of contributions” in order to receive proper credit. Please take a screen shot of your final number and either email that to us or bring a hard copy of it with you to the event. That is the only way we can verify the Facebook contributions and give you credit.