Here’s your one-stop shop for everything you need to know about fundraising, flamingos, contests, making donations, setting up fundraising pages, and our online auction.
In a Nutshell
Fundraising is not required but we find that the majority of our registrants either make personal donations or will do some fundraising on our behalf.
- Make a quick and easy donation in two minutes here. You DO NOT have to create a page or beg people for money! Just make a donation here and it will go into our 2018 mammogram fund and you’ll be given a tax receipt.
- If you’d like to create a fundraising page and ask your friends to make donations, go here to set up your page in five minutes.
Remember that you can always send people directly to our website and they can donate from there (our website is a lot easier to remember!) https://pledgethepink.com/donate/
Tips & Tutorials
- How to put a fundraising app on your phone so you can access your page ASAP: click here for PDF instructions for iPhone and click here are PDF instructions for Android
- Example fundraising emails, Facebook posts, and Twitter messages: Click here
- Printed form to use for fundraising if you have people that want to write a check: Click here
- VIDEO: How to set up your own fundraising page (and/or team page): Click here
- VIDEO: How to process a check or cash someone gives you (offline donation): Click here
- VIDEO: How to post an item for sale in our online auction: Click here
- Flocks of Love Online Auction page on Facebook: Click here
Fundraising Goals & Prizes
Our 2018 mammogram goal is to raise $100,000 to pay for 2,000 mammos for women in need. Every dime of your donations/fundraising goes to this fund and is tax deductible.
And we are super excited to shower you with love, appreciation, and prizes for all efforts!
Bonus Prizes & Incentives
From time to time, we will add bonus fundraising prizes!
During the month of May, every registrant that donates/fundraises at least $100 between May 1-31 will win our new Pledge the Pink car magnet!
*Please note that this particular prize is given for donations made in the month of May only. Prior fundraising totals don’t count towards this particular bonus incentive, nor will donations made after May 31.
Future bonuses and contests will be announced via email and posted in our Facebook group page. We will also try to keep this page up to date.
Flocks of Love Flamingos
In addition to the prizes above, you will also earn a bird in our Flocks of Love (FOL) display for every $50 you raise.
Your race packet will include a sheet that shows how much money you raised, what prizes you earned, and how many flamingos are waiting for you in the flock.
Lots of people bring costumes and props for their flamingos, and really go crazy decorating their birds!
We will also have little note cards for you to write personal messages and tie them to your birds. This is a great way for you to thank your donors and honor people that have inspired you on this journey.
Take tons of pictures and tag your friends and supporters. Let them see “their” flamingo… and the 1999 that stand beside her.
You can decorate your birds either before or after the race on Saturday.
If you’d like to take your birds home with you, we ask that you leave them in the display until at least 11:30am so that everyone can enjoy their beauty and appreciate the magnitude of what these 2000 flamingos represent.
Facebook Online Auction
We’ve created a special “buy/sell” Facebook group so that you can raise money by selling flamingo goodies, gift cards, vacation vouchers, and other fun stuff!
Get your favorite stores to donate gift cards for the cause and post them on our auction page. Approved buyers will purchase the items by making a donation to your fundraising page and you’ll get the credit!
This is also a great place to sell tickets, service vouchers, and other easily transferable items.
If you want to make shirts, jewelry, or have other products that would be of interest to your fellow flockers, use our auction to share with the world! We’ve put together a wishlist below that you can share with your friends and family to gather donations for the auction!
You can set a minimum bid, list a “buy now” price, and provide detailed descriptions with your posted pictures.
If you don’t have a fundraising page but still want to donate items to help us raise money, winning buyers can make a fast donation on our website and simply add your name and auction item info in the special messaging section. This way we can thank you and give you all the kudos you deserve!
Watch this video to learn how to set up items to post in our auction.
Rules, Fine Print
- Tax receipts are automatically emailed to all donors at the time of their donation
- The legal name of our 501c3 is Carolina Cups and its tax ID is 27-1399712
- Any donation checks should be made to Carolina Cups and sent to PO Box 3195 Bluffton SC 29910 (click here to see how you can add these offline donations to your page and how we will confirm them)
- Online fundraising closes on October 23rd. Only funds raised prior to September 30th will count towards fundraising prizes.