PLEDGE THE PINK
We are we tickled pink to call Fripp home base
> You can walk (or take the golf cart) to all our start lines. Basically step out your front door and you’re there. No buses, no fusses, no worries.
> Everything’s better with friends, especially when there’s 2000 of them. FlockStar shenanigans 24/7.
WHAT’S INCLUDED & WHAT TO EXPECT
We give you a one-of-a-kind, first-class, best-weekend-of-your-life, life-changing event, all wrapped in a (pink) bow.
3 DAYS OF WALKING, RUNNING, LIMPING & LAUGHING
3 GORGEOUS COURSES ON 4 STUNNING ISLANDS
4 STELLAR CUSTOM MEDALS
3 FULL LUNCHES AT THE FINISH LINE AFTER-PARTIES
3 TRAINING SCHEDULE OPTIONS & PERSONAL ONLINE TRACKER
PERSONALIZED KEEPSAKE RACE BIBS
- Loads of flamingo jokes
- Cinch bag stuffed with swag
- Discounts on accommodations at Fripp
- Private Facebook group with 2500 new besties
- $100 registration for kids 12 and under
- Guinness World Record bragging rights
Unlimited access to thousands of high resolution professional photos & videos taken over the weekend (yup, picture pack is now included in your registration)
Classic camp activities & hijinks like movies at the pool, cookouts, s’mores, sack races, water balloon fights, beach parties, talent show, & macrame flamingos
THE BEST WEEKEND OF YOUR LIFE
JUST GOT BETTER
THE BEST WEEKEND OF YOUR LIFE
JUST GOT BETTER
Now the fun doesn’t stop at the finish line.
- Pledge the Pink is taking over Fripp Island for the entire weekend
- Every resort house, condo, hammock, restaurant, swimming pool, and golf cart are reserved for us (you can even WIN one here)
- We will walk/run each of our three 10-mile courses from Fripp Island. One day will include Hunting Island/Little Hunting Island, one day we’ll mosey over to a surprise island, and another day will be all Fripp. The ultimate island hopping adventure!
- It’s a three-night slumber party complete with s’mores, sack races, charades, beach bashes, talent shows, movies in the pool, golfing, fishing, lounging, golf cart racing, and flamingo-inspired arts & crafts
We call it Fancy Camp.
Fripp Island Resort has thousands houses, condos, studios, and crash pads to fit every FlockStar’s budget.
And they are saving them all for you!
Gather your friends and family and stay as long as you want.
All rentals include full access to the resort’s private amenities, and most come equipped with golf carts!
Psst- check out how you can win a free 3BR/3BA cottage here: https://pledgethepink.com/2019-contest/
YES, YOU CAN!
- Walk it, run it, crawl it
- Do it with a team or go stag!
- Take one of our shortcuts or hop on a golf cart and zoom to the finish line (you still score your bling!)
- Each of our 10-mile courses are loaded with screaming fans, pit stops (water, snacks, treats, toilets), medics, and an experienced crew
- We’ll celebrate your daily victories with finish line after-parties and endless activities and & shenanigans
- We’ll lavish you with online resources, apps, videos, LIVE Q&A sessions, and shower you with encouragement and tips to help you every step of the way
- We’ll introduce you to fellow flockers that live in your area so that you can connect for training, dinner/drinks, and perhaps even share travel expenses
WHERE THE MONEY GOES
Pledge the Pink and support agencies in your hometown or anywhere across the country!
THIS IS WHY WE WALK
– Cindy K, two-time survivor
Are we still island hopping this year or is everything on Fripp?
From Fripp, we’ll be able to walk to our other island courses: we’ll do a day on Hunting/Little Hunting, a day on Fripp, and a day on a soon-to-be-announced island!
And instead of going our separate ways at the finish lines, we’ll have all sorts of shenanigans and activities to enjoy with our new besties. Or you can kick back at your rental house and just soak up the beauty.
2000 FlockStars on Fripp sounds amazing! But is there room for our whole flock?
Who should attend Pledge the Pink?
We seem to appeal to folks who celebrate life, savor sweet victories, embrace flamingos, and enjoy a mean game of giant Jenga.
Bring your besties, bring your kids, bring your mom, husband, neighbors, boss, barista, your middle-aged single brother-in-law… (please bring him)!
All ages and fitness levels are welcome, supported, and encouraged, here. We don’t care if you run, walk, crawl, push a stroller, or piggy back across the finish line.
We just want you to revel in that sense of accomplishment and inspire everyone around you.
And having fun doing it.
So men can come? This isn’t just a girl thing?
Seriously, the guys always have a blast and they typically have the best costumes. If your boys would rather golf, tennis, fish, kayak, jetski, play poker, or chill on a hammock while you’re kicking cancer’s butt, then they will love Fripp!
A lot of groups will rent a “boy’s house” and a “girl’s house” next to each other. Those are typically the houses with the lights still on and the laughter still hollering at 3am. So much fun!
What are the hours every day? Is there a certain time limit to finish the course?
Most people finish our 10 mile courses in 3ish hours but you’ve got 4.5 hours to complete it, so enjoy!
And yes, we do offer short-cuts for those of you that want an abbreviated version of the fun. The after-parties usually crank up about two hours after the START and go for a good four hours, depending on what other activities are planned.
When should I get there?
And you’ll probably want to stick around to enjoy Sunday Funday, Fripp style! So yeah, try to stay until Monday if you can.
If you want to come for a week or more, you’ll be in good company. Tons of our come early and stay late, making Pledge the Pink an annual vacation with friends and family!
Budgeting for Your Weekend
Share a house or condo and save even more money– splitting up a bigger place that sleeps several people is much cheaper AND you can have breakfast and dinner at home vs going out to eat.
There are also 100 RV and camp sites on adjacent Hunting Island State Park that are extremely affordable. Ranger Weatherford and the South Carolina Parks, Recreation & Tourism Department are excited to Pledge the Pink with us!
Use our Facebook group to meet your new besties and save money by carpooling down here with folks in your area.
We Pledge to create a premiere event, bringing people from across the country to our four-day walk/run celebration. We Pledge to support each other and embrace all fitness levels, providing a safe environment for everyone to give their best. We Pledge to provide non-bureaucratic funding for breast cancer screening, treatment, and research. We Pledge to crush goals, laugh uncontrollably, and celebrate survivorship. We Pledge to give you the Best Weekend of Your Life.