At Pledge the Pink, we are all about celebrating life. And having a blast while doing it.
This weekend, we will focus on the love we share, our hope for the future, and our faith that if we continue to put one foot in front of the other we will reach the finish line- together!
Here is a quick summary of our weekend. I hope you are as excited as we are.
We will gather to celebrate after each day’s race. These after-parties are very casual (smelly race attire). The awesome food is included for all our registrants. Family, friends, fans, and supporters are all welcome to join the festivities for $15 per person. Please purchase extra lunch tickets here to ensure that we have enough for everyone. Cash bars will be pouring at all the parties as well. Operative word there is “cash”… it makes the drinks pour faster!
We will have bag drops available daily. Stuff your bag with keys, a clean shirt, some flops, and your favorite koozy. Leave it with us at the start line each day and you can pick it up when you cross the finish line!
Only ticket holders wearing official wristbands will be allowed under the tent for Friday night’s festivities. If you do not have a bracelet, you can still come join the fun but you’ll have to watch from the Sandbar.
Please note that all bingo players must be 18 years of age and the shows will contain adult content and language.
If you haven’t purchased Bingo tickets, please go here.
We will play three rounds of bingo that night and the payouts will be $500, $500, and $1000.
We start on time so do not be late. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before start so you can hear that day’s announcements and updates. Survivors will line up in the front, followed by the runners, and then walkers behind them. We will allow the survivors to start first and then officially start the clock approximately two minutes later, so there is controlled chaos as the runners overtake the survivors. Please be safe and courteous as you pass.
Our courses will remain open and manned for four hours. After that, we are required to break everything down and be off the roads, pathways, and beaches. If you don’t think you can complete the 10 miles within 4 hours, please utilize the shortcuts.
Remember, we do not have any vehicles or manpower to pick you up unless it is a medical emergency (and you should call 911).
We have designated short cuts for those of you not able to do all 10 miles. Please note: we do NOT have the manpower to pick you up whenever and wherever you feel like quitting (unless you require medical attention, of course). If you don’t think you can complete the course within four hours, please take advantage of the short cuts.
- Friday on Hunting Island you’ll turn around at the beach and head back to the finish line; this abbreviated course is about 6 miles.
- Saturday at Habersham is a double loop so all you have to do is stop at Mile 5 and cross the finish line!
- You have two options on Sunday: stop at Mile 2.5 as we circle back to the start line where your golf cart is, or you can go to Mile 5.5 and stop at the beach club for the party. Note that if you do the latter, your golf cart will be back at the driving range and you won’t be crossing the actual finish line (because it isn’t at the beach club, it is at the driving range). We will have medals available at the beach club, however.
Our courses are officially open for four hours, so depending on your pace, our volunteers might instruct you to take a short cut if we don’t think you’ll be able to finish on time.
- FRIDAY – 8am at the Store on Fripp (1 Tarpon Blvd)
- SAT – 8:30am at Habersham (use 13 Market Street in Beaufort, SC for GPS directions but follow our volunteers’ instructions when you arrive to the area as parking is off site)
- SUN – 7:30 am at the Ocean Point driving range (250 Ocean Point Dr)
Our races start on time and everyone must be lined up for announcements at least 15 minutes before the official start times. We start taking the start line down immediately afterward, and we relocate all our resources, so please do not arrive late and assume that you can start whenever you want. We do not have manpower to drive you to a further point along the course, nor do we have the resources to keep volunteers and supplies on the course because you arrive 10 minutes late. Thank you for understanding.